I suggest you ...

Allow (or provide a setting for) unregistered users to view user's dashboard

If I go to educlipper.net as an unregistered user (or just not logged in) and click on a users profile name to see all the things they have clipped on their dashboard it prompts me to create an account. If I want to share my content to others who may not have or ever want to create an account, they cannot see my content. Maybe provide a setting for private/public for accounts, boards and individual clips.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melissa Ochsner shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminAdam Bellow (Founder, eduClipper) responded  · 

UPDATE

This is on the list for this week as soon as we squash some bugs with the portfolio feature and then we will release this. I estimate this or next week at the latest.

Adam

Hello Melissa and Nancy,

Thanks for the reply – We are going to add the ability for educators to have open profiles that don’t need to be logged in to see them and will also work on the idea of allowing students to have open profiles as well – which goes along with an idea we have for Parent access. It is in the roadmap for the very near future – but I can’t guarantee it for this week as there are some major developments that are being finished up.

Thanks again for the feedback and rest assured that we will address this issue and offer the functionality you request ASAP.

Thanks,
    Adam

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

In your last update you said that this would be available "next week at the latest" and that was 5 months ago... What's the story?

• Melissa Ochsner commented  · 

Adam,

I see this is in a "started" status. Do you have a roadmap/timeline or an update?

Does it have to be an all or none? Maybe give the user the option to make their profile public. What I need is exactly what Nancy stated. Our accounts are curated resources for others to access; even if they eventually want to create an account for themselves they need to be able to see our resources without having to log in. I agree that student accounts should remain private to the public.

• nancy.latimer commented  · 

Hi Adam,

You know, much depends on how you are using this. For example, right now I want to curate and not personally use it with a class per se. So, I really need my profile to be public so that people can see all the boards I have created. I believe this is the same for Melissa.

When using eduClipper in a class scenario, I think it's okay if the teacher has to be logged in to see a student's dashboard - as long as students can share boards with unregistered users via, say, URL links. I do agree with Melissa that it would be nice to have a finer granularity on this at some point in the future, in terms of sharing profiles, boards, and clips. Something similar to the sharing option for Google Docs would be nice, where you can specify who can see what (public vs private).

Nancy

• nancy.latimer commented  · 

Hi Adam,

I would also like to have unregistered users be able to view my dashboard. I was just looking at Learnist, and the user has a profile page where someone then can see all their boards/clips, along with information about them. Following the other comments, I am able to see the dashboard in the link Melissa provided if I am logged in...but when I am not logged in, I can't. Can I ask the status on this? Thank you! Nancy

Hi Adam,

Is there a status update on this feature. I will have to find another solution in the meantime (and fast) if unregistered users are unable to see "stuff" without being prompted to create an account.

This is actually a deal breaker for how we envision using the resources we clip and sharing with our district staff and students. We (or our teachers) may have accounts where they want a link for their students to go directly to their account or a specific board but are not going to create a class with user names and passwords just to access the link.

Currently I can see everything if I am not signed in or have an account so I would also need to be able to have unregistered users to be able to go directly to a link I provide (ie: https://www.educlipper.net/#dashboard/user/51e0732346c25e0202000026)

Feedback and Knowledge Base